Here is the basic outline of a customer education packet. You may also download an actual sample Welcome Packet
the customer feel like you have your ï¿½act togetherï¿½ by covering all the
bases up front
- Cover any sticky situations before they are ï¿½real.ï¿½ It is much easier to argue
about a hypothetical bad situation than a real one
- Disclose to the customer the ways they make the relationship difficult and
help them mitigate it:
- If you desperately need them to pay on time, let them know that it is not worth doing business with them if they donï¿½t pay on time
- Situations like user error should be addressed. IT companies always get blamed for user error.You will be amazed what happens if you say upfront, ï¿½Hey there are going to be some bumps at the beginning. Many of them will be user error, but your people will want to blame us.ï¿½
- Technically, this is called the Abe Lincoln approach. Abe Lincoln, when he was a trial attorney, used to present the other sideï¿½s case for them. He did it in a matter of fact way, but disclosed everything. This effectively took the air out of the oppositionï¿½s sails.
- Reinforce the customerï¿½s purchase
Thank them for their
Tell them you look
forward to working well as a team
Tell them there is
important information in the welcome packet and that they should take some
time to review it.
FAQs (what you can expect
what we expect from you, how to get the
most out of your relationship with us)
How we can best work
Contact information they
Instructions for any
process, website, form, etc.
Can be in written, audio,
or video form
Include any web
Any forms they may need
- Can be a Word document or PDF (for copy protection) but physical form is more impressive. Most likely a computer file will be misplaced
- You can do a very nice bound version by using print on demand sites such as lulu.com or simply create a cover sheet and use folders available at any office supply store
- Either way, make the packet visually appealing as it is an advertising piece reinforcing the customerï¿½s purchase.
Sample Welcome Packet
click on image to download PDF